The total sample size for the Passenger Satisfaction Survey was 3102 passengers with the demographics covered as below:
Mainly, passengers surveyed utilised bus services because:
- They are readily accessible
- None or limited transportation choices
- Route information is readily available
The top three main issues encountered when travelling by bus are:
- Long waiting time
- No facilities provided for OKU passengers
- Traffic congestion
The survey found that:
- More than ½ of the passengers surveyed used the bus less than 5 times a week
- About a 1/5 of the passengers surveyed had to wait more than 30 minutes for bus services
According to the findings, passengers use the bus mostly due to its scheduled trips and frequency. However, about 26% of those surveyed also stated that buses are delayed by more than 20 minutes.
Based on the survey, passengers believe that the bus services provide moderate security and safety assurance during their trips.
Additionally, about 95% of passengers claimed that operators follow the same designated route daily. This increases confidence in the bus sevices. About 37% of those surveyed are satisfied that operators operate the same hours every day, while 60% of passengers claimed that the bus sometimes operates the same hours every day.